Your oral health care treatments are essential for the health of your teeth and gums. Alongside the oral exams and cleanings your dentist can provide, there are numerous things you can do to improve your oral hygiene. One of the most effective things you can do is not only to brush twice daily but to also brush effectively. Listed below are techniques to improve your toothbrush care:
– You should replace your toothbrush every 3 to 4 months or earlier if it begins to wear out. Youth toothbrushes typically wear out faster than that adult toothbrushes.
– Focus on brushing your teeth slowly and effectively at least 2 to 3 minutes twice daily.
– Do not store your toothbrush with other toothbrushes.
-When brushing, always be gentle and use a soft, gentle brushstroke.
– If you struggle using traditional toothbrushes, consider switching to an electric toothbrush, as they are easier to operate and maintain.
– Always store your toothbrush upright in an aired-out position.
– Never share your toothbrush with others and in addition, never use anyone else’s toothbrush, as this can lead to contamination.
– When brushing your teeth, always try to hold your brush at a 45-degree angle for maximum efficiency.
– Make sure to brush all sides of your teeth including the inner and outer sides of a tooth. To help remove additional bacteria and keep your breath fresh, brush your tongue.
– Try using a brush that has soft bristles to avoid abrasion.
If you would like to have your teeth and gums inspected by our team at David A. Browne, DDS, PC, please schedule an appointment with Dr. David A. Browne and our team at our dentist office. To schedule a visit with our dentist in McHenry, Illinois, please call us at 815-344-6811. Let us get you started on the road to a brighter, whiter smile!